CPK’s Kung Pao Spaghetti
DANG Delicious ;)
- 1 pound rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry sherry(1/2 c. chicken broth, 1 T rice wine vinegar, 1/2 tsp. vanilla)
- 2 tablespoons red chili paste with garlic, or more, to taste
- 3 T sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, chicken broth, dry sherry, red chili paste, sugar, red wine vinegar, cornstarch and sesame oil; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in pasta, chicken, peanuts and green onions.
- Serve immediately.