Pancetta Macaroni and Cheese
- 4 oz. diced pancetta (or bacon)
- 1lb elbow Macaroni
- ½ c butter
- ¼ c flour
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 ½ c milk
- 4 oz plain goat cheese
- 4 oz shredded sharp white cheddar
- 4 oz shredded sharp yellow cheddar
- 4 oz brie
- 4 oz provolone
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, In a small skillet over medium high heat cook pancetta for about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Allow the pancetta to cool and then crumbed it into pieces.
- Melt ½ cup (1 stick) of butter in a large saucepan. Once the butter has melted whisk in flour, ground mustard, onion powder and salt. Whisk in milk, a little at a time and bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture has become somewhat thick and starts to bubble, remove the pan from the heat and add in the goat cheese, white cheddar, yellow cheddar, provolone, and brie. Stir until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Mix the cheese sauce with the cooked noodles and then stir in crumbled pancetta.