Tuesday, July 12, 2011

HARRY POTTER... obsess much?

In honor of the most momentous occasion this upcoming Friday (HARRY POTTER) I decided to make a t-shirt for myself so that I can be more uhhh... festive? I was all about dressing up but Russ refused because we are not going to the midnight showing Thursday night (SO incredibly bummed about that!). We are going to a Friday evening showing so I still get to see it the day it comes out, but really? I haven't been to a midnight showing in YEARS and this was one of the few I would have DIED to go to. It's okay, I'm not obsessed I SWEAR. :) At least Russ is going to let me put a scar on his forehead and we'll have these awesome wands that Jeffrey made us, oh and of course I'll have my awesome Gryffindor shirt! Unfortunately however, the symbol I put on the shirt wants to torture me so it is already trying to come off! That's okay... The shirt will still be maroon and it will hopefully last through some pictures at least! :)

And, just because they are AWESOME, here are the wands Jeff made us :)

So for the shirt I ended up buying a cheap white t-shirt and some "wine" colored clothes dye. Apparently no one sells maroon shirts in the middle of summer, who knew? Then I printed out the Gryffindor symbol onto those iron on t-shirt print sheets you can buy at WalMart. Anyway, I printed it out and ironed it onto the shirt! Shabam! And Jeff used a lathe to make our wands. I would give more details but I am clueless as to how they were done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you ever try one of our recipes we would love to hear your feedback! Let us know if you like them or if you make any changes! We love comments! :)

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...