Monday, July 25, 2011

Yes. I DID Make This!

One of the sister's in our ward is incredibly talented at sewing, she makes almost every one of the beautiful dresses that she wears to church on Sunday. She is amazing! So this last week she offered to teach the sisters in the ward how to make our own dresses or skirts without using a pattern. So I decided how I wanted to make my skirt and we just started making it. No pattern, no plan... We just designed it as we went and it turned out SO cute. I love it. I want to make more now that I see they can turn out adorable! :)
We pleated the top and sewed in an under layer so it's not see-through. It really was easy to make - except the zipper... But I let Paulina do that! It would be too complicated to explain it on here... But let's see what I can do... first we measured how big it needed to be to fit me comfortably... Using a skirt that fir comfortably to determine sizing. Then we decided how many pleats I wanted and measured the space in between to make them evenly spaced. Then I decided how wide I wanted the bottom and cut out the fabric and sewed everything together. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you ever try one of our recipes we would love to hear your feedback! Let us know if you like them or if you make any changes! We love comments! :)

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...