Friday, September 2, 2011

MOVIES

So Russ and I normally watch a new movie every week... or two. Sometimes we go a month or more without seeing anything new. But the last few weeks we have had a lot of down time OR homelessness? So we have rented a bunch of redbox movies and even went to the theater a few times. WOAH. Okay, we only go to a movie theater about once every 4 months or more generally, so this summer has been CRAZY. Anyway, we've seen way too many movies lately to give each their own post, I just don't have the patience for it and there would be way too many movie posts in a row so I'm putting them all in one post. How about we go in order from best to worst? :D
p.s. Most of the movies we watched were a major disappointment... Not many decent scores on here!
Source Code ****
Trailer
This movie was WAY better than I thought it would be. The previews didn't really do it justice. the plot was very coherent and interesting. The story flowed well, Jake Gyllenhall is awesome (okay I'll admit it, I really love him as an actor). The supporting cast was also really great. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this mind blowing concept. Kind of nuts but really well done. :) I would watch it again.
Cowboys and Aliens ****
Trailer
Yes, I did say best movies to worst movies. And I did say that Cowboys and Aliens got four stars! So my brother told us that he really enjoyed this movie but he gave us the heads up that you can't go into this movie looking for a great Western, you've got to watch it with the expectation that you are there to see an alien movie. As far as Westerns go this movie is probably mediocre at best. BUT as an alien movie? I thought it was WAY fun. The aliens were creepy and their lair is anything but homey. The characters are really well developed, Harrison Ford is phenomenal and it is a lot of fun to watch Daniel Craig beat the heck out of anyone that gets in his way. So think I'm lame for liking this movie if you want. But I thought it was great. :)

Rango ***
Trailer
This movie was pretty cute. I thought Rango was a funny character. He's played by Johnny Depp, how could he NOT be good? I loved the accents, I thought they were way funny. The digital animation is pretty awesome. The story is cute, but simple. It was definitely not one of my favorite movies, but it was still pretty fun. Ehh, I really don't know what to say about this movie haha. It's just kind of quirky and weird. The best part is when he firsts gets out of the car and sheds his skin about 10 times in a row because it's so hot and dry. HAH. 

Priest **1/2
Trailer
Well then! This movie was... Crazy. Vampire monsters. Priests that kill vampires. People that WANT to be vampire like creatures. Or dinner... Still not sure what they wanted. Okay, so the special effects were cool, the actors were great, the plot was... lacking. The story and characters weren't developed fully. But it was an interesting idea. The vampires are definitely NOT like anything I've ever seen before. They were much creepier. It was a very interesting concept. Just not effectively executed. Bummer!

Mars Needs Mom's **1/2
Trailer
This movie had some cute aspects. The story was fine. The best part was when the kid realized how much he loved and appreciated his mom. I think as an aspiring mother  it was fun to see that. But the movie definitely was NOT perfect. I've seen much better kid movies, much better comedies... But it was still a fun idea. :)



Sucker Punch **1/2
Trailer
WOW this movie is super artistic. You can't go in there expecting a great story or plot. You can't walk out expecting to feel happy. But this movie had some dang cool special effects. And the girl's totally kicked butt which was pretty dang cool. This movie had some great things going for it and some not so great things. It was kind of depressing! But like I said, the girl's are really cool, even if none of it's actually real.



Red Riding Hood **1/2
Trailer
Danger. Intrigue. Insanity. Love. Devotion. Betrayal. Suspense. Werewolves. Death.. All sounds great right? Cool. Exciting. Daring... Meh. The idea was great. The execution was not. Two guys in love with a girl. A werewolf terrorizing the village. A crazy man there to save the day. Innocent people killed... including a young boy with a disability. THAT was NOT okay with me. I couldn't get over it. I would give the movie TWO stars because of that. But taking into account the rest of the movie? It was a LITTLE bit better than two stars... But not by much. There was too much drama, and they made it seem like the werewolf was one person, then another, then another, then another... Until you just wanted them to tell you who the heck it was! Buh! And the ending was stupid. At least I thought it was. I hate how hard some movies push for a happy ending when really? It's too forced. End it unhappy. Or take the story in a different direction. GOSH.

The Eagle **1/2
Trailer
Ummm. This movie had a few cool action scenes. Unfortunately it was generally very slow and NOT action packed. I thought the story was good, a story of honor and freedom. I really liked the slave. He was pretty awesome. And the very very end was great. Like the second to last line? I thought it was a good one. But... They didn't develop the characters very well which was disappointing because they had a few really great actors in it... Ehhh, it was just very lacking for me.

Gulliver's Travels **1/2
Trailer
Ehhh, there wasn't really anything good or bad about this movie. It had funny parts. It had stupid parts. It had Jack Black... It is just a very Jack Black movie. Really. It had plenty to laugh about, and plenty to bang your head against the wall about. In the end it was fun but I don't think I'd ever care to watch it again.




Skyline *
Trailer
People getting sucked up into the sky by the hundreds... Sounds like a good start for an alien movie right? WRONG. This looked way cool in the previews and was honestly the only part of the movie that was remotely interesting. The plot was stupid, the aliens were impossible to kill, the main characters were slimeballs... I honestly could care less about any of them. I felt like "ehh, just suck em all up into ships, give us a new cast of likable characters".  The aliens were okay but the special effects weren't the greatest. The ending was absolutely the worst ending I've ever seen. This movie would definitely make it onto my list of "10 worst movies of all time". Maybe someday that list will make it on here... Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you ever try one of our recipes we would love to hear your feedback! Let us know if you like them or if you make any changes! We love comments! :)

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...