Friday, January 20, 2012

I could never get tired of a good potato soup!

A couple years ago, when I was student teaching, a good friend from back home in New York (Cami) just HAPPENED to be in my ward AND my visiting teacher. SO FUNNY. Anyway, when I was student teaching I got horribly sick with the swine flu and when Cami found out she offered to make us dinner for a night. Well she not only made us a dinner for one night but a giant tupperware full of a yummy potato soup and ANOTHER tupperware full of beef stroganoff. We were set for the next week with food! Thanks to Cami. The point of this story is that the other day we bought a huge thing of mushrooms and it reminded me of Cami's soup. And I wanted to make some. So I got the recipe, made it, and it was as good as I remember! :) Hope you like it too!
Potato and Mushroom Soup For Two!
Inspiration: Cami Bready
Ingredients:
  • 1/4 c. butter
  • 1/4 c. flour
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 big potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 4 big mushrooms, sliced thick
  • milk
  • chicken broth
  • 1 T. Italian seasoning
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Melt butter in large saucepan. Add onions and cook till translucent.
  2. Add flour and stir quickly to form a ball.
  3. Add potatoes, chicken broth-fill halfway up the potatoes, and milk-fill until barely over the potatoes.
  4. Bring to boil and cook until potatoes are soft and soup has thickened, stirring consistently so the soup doesn't stick to bottom of pan and burn.
  5. Add Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Enjoy!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    If you ever try one of our recipes we would love to hear your feedback! Let us know if you like them or if you make any changes! We love comments! :)

    Followers

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...