Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Fair Godmother Books

My Fair Godmother ***1/2
by Janette Rallison
Book Type: Y/A, Fantasy
Summary: Finding your one true love can be a Grimm experience! After her boyfriend dumps her for her older sister, sophomore Savannah Delano wishes she could find a true prince to take her to the prom. Enter Chrissy (Chrysanthemum) Everstar: Savannah’s gum-chewing, cell phone–carrying, high heel-wearing Fair Godmother. Showing why she’s only Fair—because she’s not a very good fairy student—Chrissy mistakenly sends Savannah back in time to the Middle Ages, first as Cinderella, then as Snow White. Finally she sends Tristan, a boy in Savannah’s class, back instead to turn him into her prom-worthy prince. When Savannah returns to the Middle Ages to save Tristan, they must team up to defeat a troll, a dragon, and the mysterious and undeniably sexy Black Knight.
summary found on goodreads
My Review: I decided to read this book because I fell in love with "Just One Wish" by the same author. Also! Because I love fairy tale books, they're cheesy... But I seriously like them! This book was clever and cute. I enjoyed the twist of a modern 21st century girl being thrown into a few of the original fairy tales we all grew up with! Rallison's version of Cinderella and Snow White were different from the story I grew up with. But I just re-read the Brother's Grimm stories and Rallison was pretty spot on! Haha. Anyway, I really enjoyed this book. It was cute, fresh, funny.

My Unfair Godmother ***
by Janette Rallison
Book Type: Y/A, Fantasy
Summary: Tansy Miller has always felt that her divorced father has never had enough time for her. But mistakenly getting caught on the wrong side of the law wasn't exactly how she wanted to get his attention. Enter Chrysanthemum "Chrissy" Everstar, Tansy's fairy in shining, er, high heels. Chrissy is only a fair godmother, of course, so Tansy's three wishes don't exactly go according to plan. And if bringing Robin Hood to the twenty-first century isn't bad enough for Tansy, being transported back to the Middle Ages to deal with Rumpelstiltskin certainly is. She'll need the help of her blended family, her wits, and especially the cute police chief's son to stop the gold-spinning story from spinning wildly out of control. 
summary found on goodreads
My Review: This book was fun in the same way that the first book was, but it was unique enough that I really enjoyed it. Instead of Cinderella and Snow White this character has to deal with the evil, manipulative Rumpelstiltskin. I enjoyed this book just as much as the first one. I just love how cheesy and fun Janette Rallison's books are. These books are ridiculous and outlandish but because a fairy is involved, it's to be expected. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you ever try one of our recipes we would love to hear your feedback! Let us know if you like them or if you make any changes! We love comments! :)

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...