Sriracha Spiked Street Corn
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and split in half to form 8 pieces
- extra-virgin olive oil
- garlic salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (I prefer classic Hellmann’s)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- a bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- a couple tablespoons chili powder
- 3 limes, each cut into 6 slices
- course flake salt, like Maldon
- In a small plate, pour a bit of olive oil and roll the corn in it to evenly coat. Sprinkle all over with garlic salt.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to high heat, and grill the corn until slightly charred, about 5 minutes. Turn occasionally to cook on all sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sriracha and a squeeze of lime juice. Whisk to combine.
- When the corn comes off the grill, slather it with the mayonnaise mixture, than sprinkle with cilantro, chili powder and a sprinkle of coarse salt. Roll all the corn cobs around in the mixture to get it all evenly coated, and serve with slices of lime so guests can squeeze more juice as they like.
- Embrace the messiness… I promise, it’s worth it.