Sunday, November 6, 2011

How to Train Your Dragon

How to Train Your Dragon ***
by Cressida Cowell
Book Type: Children, Fantasy
Summary: Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III is a truly extraordinary Viking hero known throughout Vikingdom as "the Dragon Whisperer" ... but it wasn't always so. Travel back to the days when the mighty warrior was just a boy, the quiet and thoughtful son of the Chief of the Hairy Hooligans. Can Hiccup capture a dragon and train it without being torn limb from limb? Join the adventure as the small boy finds a better way to train his dragon and becomes a hero!
summary found on goodreads
My Review: I love love LOVE How to Train Your Dragon... The movie. I picked up this book expecting an even BETTER story, because that is usually the case. HOWEVER. I was extremely disappointed. This book was cute. It has SOME merit. The story is creative, it is a novel idea, and I appreciate the authors ability to create a story like this. However, everyone trains dragons, they don't fight them like the movie. The dragons talk, in dragonese of course, and Hiccup speaks dragonese... So he is obviously still kind of a loser in the book. Anyway. The book was only okay for me, whereas I could watch the movie again and again. So I think I will stick with the movie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you ever try one of our recipes we would love to hear your feedback! Let us know if you like them or if you make any changes! We love comments! :)

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...