Sunday, November 6, 2011

CLASSIC ~The Scarlet Pimpernel~

The Scarlet Pimpernel ****1/2
by Baroness Emmuska Orczy
Book Type: Classic Novel, Adventure, Drama
Summary: During the French Revolution's reign of terror, the mysterious Scarlet Pimpernel rescues helpless men, women, and children from their doom in this unique, wonderfully colorful adventure classic.
summary found on goodreads
My Review: This book has the slowest beginning! Seriously. It took me AGES to get into the story. But, once you get past the first 80-90 pages the story really picks up and becomes very exciting. It is the original Zorro! A vigilante who is both brilliant and subtle. The Scarlet Pimpernel tricks masses of people as he saves even more! I was pretty sure I knew who the Scarlet Pimpernel was before I even started reading the book but as I read I began to question my guess! By the end I was very happy with the story, outcome, and the wonderful characters. This is a great classic to pick up and add to your list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you ever try one of our recipes we would love to hear your feedback! Let us know if you like them or if you make any changes! We love comments! :)

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...