Thursday, March 22, 2012

Just One Wish

Just One Wish ****
by Janette Rallison
Book Type: YA, Fiction
Summary: Seventeen-year-old Annika Truman knows about the power of positive thinking. With a little brother who has cancer, it's all she ever hears about. And in order to help Jeremy, she will go to the ends of the earth (or at least as far as Hollywood) to help him believe he can survive his upcoming surgery.
But Annika's plan to convince Jeremy that a magic genie will grant him any wish throws her a curveball when he unexpectedly wishes that his television idol would visit him. Annika suddenly finds herself in the desperate predicament of getting access to a hunky star actor and convincing him to come home with her. Piece of cake, right?
summary found on goodreads
My Review: Implausible, impossible, far-fetched, silly, over-the-top, unrealistic, in-your-dreams, totally and completely off the charts concept. 
I loved it.
The story is so far-fetched and the outcome is even more so. But for some reason, I loved it. It is clever, witty, cheesy, funny, unique, and touching. The relationship between the main character and her little brother is cute. The ending got me a bit teary eyed and I wanted more. I will most certainly be buying this ridiculous book. I did confess once that I am a sucker for cheesy romance novels on occasion did I not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you ever try one of our recipes we would love to hear your feedback! Let us know if you like them or if you make any changes! We love comments! :)

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...