Monday, June 24, 2013

Benny Imura Books

Rot and Ruin **1/2
by Jonathan Maberry
Book Type: YA, Sci Fi, Zombie Apocalypse
Summary: In the zombie-infested, post-apocalyptic America where Benny Imura lives, every teenager must find a job by the time they turn fifteen or get their rations cut in half. Benny doesn't want to apprentice as a zombie hunter with his boring older brother Tom, but he has no choice. He expects a tedious job whacking zoms for cash, but what he gets is a vocation that will teach him what it means to be human.
summary found on goodreads
My Review: Well this book was a disappointment! The main character is a total dork. He is just a stupid, jerky teenager that doesn't care about anyone but himself. He has all the perceptions of the world around him but no real clue about reality. He is nasty to his older brother all the time for no reason except one. He believes that his brother is a coward. Because of the one memory he has of his parents, from when he was 1 years old. Like a memory from that age is truly reliable. Benny is just obnoxious and irritating throughout the entire book. I kept waiting for him to grow up and I'll say that by the end he did, a little bit... But I still wasn't a huge fan of his character. I liked the powerful girls in the story. That was cool. But the zombies? I mean... They humanize the zombies. Which is okay, I mean, I understood where they were going with it but... I don't know. If you want a zombie book, you want a good, action packed, creepy zombie book... This wasn't any of those things. The humans were the monsters in this story, not the zombies... Which really, was a fascinating and probably realistic twist. I just felt that it didn't quite work... The way it was developed. At least for me It didn't quite hit the mark. I don't know. I didn't love it or hate it. This book was fine for a fun summer read, but I was kind of grateful when this book was over... Bad sign? Yeah... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you ever try one of our recipes we would love to hear your feedback! Let us know if you like them or if you make any changes! We love comments! :)

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...