Monday, March 31, 2014

Valentine's Day gift for Russell

So I was trying to decide what to do for Russell for Valentine's Day this year... The day of. One, because I am pregnant and forgot that it even WAS Valentine's Day... And two, because it is so stinking hard to come up with gifts for men for such a girlie holiday. It is definitely a holiday for women. The men are in trouble if they don't do something for their significant other, but do we as women REALLY have to do anything? No. I don't think Russ would have been surprised OR disappointed had I done nothing. But I still felt I should do SOMETHING. It was our last Valentine's Day just the two of us! So. I searched the internet high and low for some kind of idea. And I found out that you can use sharpies to write on mugs. I thought "that's cool! I can use that!" So I bought a cool mug (only white one I could find) and wrote a bunch of reasons why I loved my hubbie all over it. I put it in the oven to bake as the instructions said and felt quite proud of my accomplishment. Only to have Russell pick it up a couple hours later and smudge my love across the mug... IT DIDN'T WORK. I was a bit distraught that after all my hard work Russ still didn't have a gift. I tried to come up with some way to salvage my beautiful piece of artwork. Each idea was worse than the last. I began to despair until Russell, my sweet, loving, wonderful husband found a solution. Or it may have been me. Don't really remember :). But we found a solution. Albeit a slightly expensive one. Oil-based sharpies.
Apparently when THEY are used on ceramic and baked THEY are the ones that stick. So we washed my words of love down the drain and bought some slightly expensive markers... So that I could make my once only 8 dollar gift into a 15 dollar gift... That took much more time and effort than originally anticipated. Although if you had the right markers from the get-go, this really would be a fun and simple gift. So pitch in the extra couple bucks and DO IT RIGHT the first time. :)

Throw some of your hubbies favorite red candies and a V-day card on in that mug and you have a fun gift. Remember: OIL-BASED SHARPIES. Okay. I'm done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you ever try one of our recipes we would love to hear your feedback! Let us know if you like them or if you make any changes! We love comments! :)

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...