Friday, January 20, 2012

CLASSIC ~Alice Through The Looking Glass~

So you remember how I was going to read one classic a month? Well I have TOTALLY failed thus far. In November I tried to read Jane Austen... Didn't happen. So I read Alice Through the Looking Glass last month and am counting as my November read... Ahem. And I'm still working on my December one. HAH. Wow I'm good at this.
Alice Through the Looking Glass **1/2
by Lewis Carroll
Book Type: Classic Children's Literature, Fantasy
Summary: Here again is Alice, dressed in her bright blue jumper and ready for adventure like any modern child. All it takes is a bit of curiosity about the room reversed in the mirror and suddenly Alice is in the Looking-Glass world with all manner of comical and magical characters — Tweedledum and Tweedledee, the lion and the unicorn, and a whole game board of chess pieces come to life. 
review found on goodreads!
My Review: I thought that Alice in Wonderland was quirky and weird, this book was even worse! It was SO weird. There was really nothing I liked about it. Take Alice in Wonderland and multiply the strangeness by about 5. Really bizarre. I just don't understand why these books became classics! I am going to steer far away from anything else written by Lewis Carroll AND Jane Austen. But if you enjoy books that are just plain weird, then you might like this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you ever try one of our recipes we would love to hear your feedback! Let us know if you like them or if you make any changes! We love comments! :)

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...