Sunday, March 18, 2012

CLASSIC ~A Christmas Carol~

A Christmas Carol ***
by Charles Dickens
Book Type: Holiday, Family, Classic
Summary: One of the best-loved and most quoted stories of "the man who invented Christmas"-English writer Charles Dickens-A Christmas Carol debuted in 1843 and has touched millions of hearts since. Cruel miser Ebeneezer Scrooge has never met a shilling he doesn't like. . .and hardly a man he does. And he hates Christmas most of all. When Scrooge is visited by his old partner, Jacob Marley, and the ghosts of Christmas Past, Christmas Present, and Christmas Yet to Come, he learns eternal lessons of charity, kindness, and goodwill. 
summary found on goodreads
My Review: It took me forever to read this 60 page book. Want to know why? It's really slow. Have I told you I have a problem? I only like books where people die... Yeah. Because that means there's a lot of action and the story generally moves fairly quickly... So this book was a bit too slow for me to get into... BUT. The message was fantastic. It is a classic for a reason! It is just like all the movies make it out to be. Grouchy old man visited by a bunch of spirits finds his heart and happiness in serving others. Great message, decent story. But, I think I'll just watch one of the movies next time I want a dose of this story. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you ever try one of our recipes we would love to hear your feedback! Let us know if you like them or if you make any changes! We love comments! :)

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...