Friday, April 8, 2011

Incarceron Books

Incarceron ****
by Catherine Fisher
Book Type: YA, Dystopia 

Summary: Incarceron -- a futuristic prison, sealed from view, where the descendants of the original prisoners live in a dark world torn by rivalry and savagery. It is a terrifying mix of high technology -- a living building which pervades the novel as an ever-watchful, ever-vengeful character, and a typical medieval torture chamber -- chains, great halls, dungeons. A young prisoner, Finn, has haunting visions of an earlier life, and cannot believe he was born here and has always been here. In the outer world, Claudia, daughter of the Warden of Incarceron, is trapped in her own form of prison -- a futuristic world constructed beautifully to look like a past era, an imminent marriage she dreads. She knows nothing of Incarceron, except that it exists. But there comes a moment when Finn, inside Incarceron, and Claudia, outside, simultaneously find a device -- a crystal key, through which they can talk to each other. And so the plan for Finn's escape is born 
summary found on goodreads
My Review: Okay, I have to admit that I have a love/hate relationship with this type of book. I love it because it is engaging, fresh, interesting, full of great characters, and exciting. I hate them because I have to WAIT to read the rest of the series. :) It is another book much like the Hunger Games series because it is a look at a future dystopic society. Incarceron is a prison. You follow a character inside the prison and a character outside the prison and the way that they attempt to help each other. It's a young adult novel so don't expect to use your brain a lot, but you can expect to be driven to finish this book as well as the series!

Sapphique ****
by Catherine Fisher
*Sequel to Incarceron, read it before this review
Book Type: YA, Dystopia 

Summary: Incarceron, the living prison, has lost one of its inmates to the outside world: Finn’s escaped, only to find that Outside is not at all what he expected. Used to the technologically advanced, if violently harsh, conditions of the prison, Finn is now forced to obey the rules of Protocol, which require all people to live without technology. To Finn, Outside is just a prison of another kind, especially when Claudia, the daughter of the prison’s warden, declares Finn the lost heir to the throne. When another claimant emerges, both Finn’s and Claudia’s very lives hang on Finn convincing the Court of something that even he doesn’t fully believe.
Meanwhile, Finn’s oathbrother Keiro and his friend Attia are still trapped inside Incarceron. They are searching for a magical glove, which legend says Sapphique used to escape. To find it, they must battle the prison itself, because Incarceron wants the glove too.
summary found on goodreads
My Review: I would have to say this book was as good as the first. I enjoyed it. I read it in one day so it was obviously engaging! :) The story ended a little too abruptly for me. I would have liked just a little bit more. I guess I just have to write my own ending! And that's okay, I enjoy doing that too. Most of the time :). Anyway, I would suggest this series if you enjoy books about dystopic societies! Which I clearly do...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you ever try one of our recipes we would love to hear your feedback! Let us know if you like them or if you make any changes! We love comments! :)

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...