Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides  ***1/2
Trailer
Okay. I was not planning on seeing this movie. I just couldn't believe that they would make a FOURTH Pirates. I honestly feel they should have stopped after the first one. I LOVE the first Pirates. It is BRILLIANT, fresh, new... Johnny Depp is perfect and he has a GREAT supporting cast. But in the second movie they tried to make too many characters main characters and by the the third film everything was so muddled that I felt detached from the story. I have to say though, as disappointed as I was by the two movies between this one and the first... I was not disappointed with this film. Not surprisingly so, it wasn't as good as the first one, BUT it was a hundred times better than the second or third. Johnny Depp is the main character once again and he is FANTASTIC, of course :). He has a wonderful supporting cast bringing back only Barbossa from the first three movies. Thankfully they dropped all of the other characters that lost their charms after the first film. Don't get me wrong, I really did love everything about the first film, including Orlando Bloom and Kierra Knightly, but by the third I just wanted them to kill off their characters... HAH. Overall, well done movie, I would watch it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you ever try one of our recipes we would love to hear your feedback! Let us know if you like them or if you make any changes! We love comments! :)

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...