Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Forbidden Sea

Forbidden Sea ***
by Sheila A. Nielson
Book Type: Y/A, Fantasy
Summary: A mermaid haunts Adrianne's dreams . . . is she coming to warn her, save her, or drag her down into the depths of the briny sea forever?
When Adrianne comes face-to-face with the mermaid of Windwaithe Island, of whom she has heard terrible stories all her life, she is convinced the mermaid means to take her younger sister. Adrianne, fierce-willed and courageous, is determined to protect her sister from the mermaid, and her family from starvation. However, the mermaid continues to haunt Adrianne in her dreams and with her song.

summary found on goodreads
My Review: I used to volunteer at the Provo library, and one day when I was there I started talking to one of the librarians about books and she mentioned that she had written one that would be coming out soon. I have been thinking about reading it ever since! And it took me 3 years but I FINALLY picked it up at the library and I'm glad I did. I had never read a book about mermaids before, but I know that they are generally portrayed as being mischievous, dark, maybe even a little evil...ish? In this book you don't know what to think about the mermaid that is haunting Adrianne's dreams. She is creepy, eery, and she seems to have bad intentions. But keep reading, the turn of events was not what I expected! I enjoyed reading a new type of story. It was fun and different for me. The main character drove me a little crazy at times because she never stood up for herself. She was TOO selfless. I think for a character to be realistic they need to be a little bit selfish at times. I'm just saying... but other than that... It was a very fun story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you ever try one of our recipes we would love to hear your feedback! Let us know if you like them or if you make any changes! We love comments! :)

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...