Friday, September 30, 2011

CLASSIC ~Alice's Adventure's In Wonderland~

SO. I decided this month that I would like to start reading one classic novel a month. It's kind of a goal. This month I was going to read The Scarlett Pimpernell but it was taking too long so I grabbed a shorter classic.
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland  ***
by Lewis Carroll
Book Type: Classic Children's Literature, Fantasy
Summary: Journey with Alice down the rabbit hole into a world of wonder where oddities, logic and wordplay rule supreme. Encounter characters like the grinning Cheshire Cat who can vanish into thin air, the cryptic Mad Hatter who speaks in riddles and the harrowing Queen of Hearts obsessed with the phrase "Off with their heads!" This is a land where rules have no boundaries, eating mushrooms will make you grow or shrink, croquet is played with flamingos and hedgehogs, and exorbitant trials are held for the theft of tarts. Amidst these absurdities, Alice will have to find her own way home. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland began as a story told to three little girls in a rowboat, near Oxford. Ten year old Alice Liddell asked to have the story written down and two years later it was published with immediate success.
summary found on goodreads
My Review: From what I remember of the Disney cartoon Alice in Wonderland, this story seemed to be very similar. Disney followed the classic fairly well. They tweaked things and added/changed a few things but overall it was pretty spot on. Granted, I haven't seen the movie in FOREVER so I could be totally wrong. But I don't think so. This story was okay for me. Alice was kind of weird and annoying. Her world was pretty much insane. But it has some fun quirky things about it that made it fun to read. I would like to read Through the Looking Glass at some point but I am not dying to get my hands on it. This book is an outlandish tale full of ridiculous wordplay that makes it fun... but isn't my favorite type of book to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you ever try one of our recipes we would love to hear your feedback! Let us know if you like them or if you make any changes! We love comments! :)

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...